MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin Natural Resources Board will meet in-person for the May board meeting to consider several proposed rules, hearings, land items and donations.
The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m., on Wednesday, May 25, 2022, originating from Public Meeting Room G09, at the State Natural Resources Building (GEF 2), 101 South Webster Street, Madison, Wisconsin. The Board will act on items 1-4 and 7-8 as listed on the Agenda at https://dnr.wisconsin.gov/About/NRB/2022/May.
The public is encouraged to watch the May board meeting on the DNR’s YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVfdPeoRqzU.
The deadline to register for remote public appearance requests and to submit written comments is 11 a.m. on Wednesday, May 18. There will be no in-person public appearances.
During the May meeting, several items the Board will be considering include:
* Statement of Scope for Board Order WA-13-21, for proposed rules affecting chapters NR 500, 502, 542, and 544 related to statewide materials recycling and effective recycling programs.
* Statement of Scope for Board Order DG-02-22, for proposed rules creating chapter NR 854 related to statewide water supply service area planning for municipalities serving populations greater than 10,000 people.
* Statement of Scope for Board Order DG-03-22, for proposed rules creating chapter NR 851 for the management of diversions (transfers of water from the Great Lakes basin to outside of the Great Lakes basin) and intrabasin transfers including the application and review process and other related criteria.
* Statement of Scope for Board Order WM-09-21 and conditionally approve the public hearing notice and notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules affecting chapters NR 8, 10, 11, 12,17, 18, 19, and 27 related to the 2021 Bureau of Wildlife Management housekeeping rule.
* Statement of Scope for Board Order DG-04-22 and conditionally approve the public hearing notice and notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules affecting chapter NR 140 related to setting numerical standards to minimize the concentration of polluting substances in groundwater (Cycle 10 Bacteria).
* Approval of the 2022 elk season quotas.
The complete May NRB meeting agenda is available on the DNR website at https://dnr.wisconsin.gov/About/NRB/2022/May.
In addition to being encouraged to watch the upcoming meeting, there are opportunities for the public to testify and to submit written comments about issues that come before the NRB. More information regarding public participation at Board meetings is available at https://dnr.wisconsin.gov/about/NRB/public.html.
SOURCE: Wisconsin DNR