Green Bay Packer fans shouldn’t feel poorly after their team’s lopsided 38-3 loss to the New Orleans Saints on Sunday.
There were some positives, such as:
* The Packers weren’t shut out.
* Green Bay simply wanted to give New Orleans fans something to cheer about after all the tough luck they have experienced from Hurricane Ida.
* The Saints only scored 5 more touchdowns than Green Bay.
* The Packers want to keep their players fresh for the second half of the season.
* Green Bay wanted to remove the pressure of an unbeaten season right away.
* Jameis Winston’s 130.8 passer rating was only 94 points better than Aaron Rodgers’ 36.8 rating.
* Rodgers had two more interceptions than Winston.
* Packers’ new defensive coordinator Joe Barry didn’t want to give away any secrets to other Super Bowl contenders. Besides, he showed more energy than his predecessor Mike Pettine.
* Green Bay’s regular starters played much better than they did in preseason.
* The Packers’ defensive line was sluggish because they over-hydrated.
* Green Bay coach Matt La Fleur wanted to see his counterpart, coach Sean Payton, smile.
* La Fleur wanted to take himself out of consideration for NFL Coach of The Year right away.
* The Packers didn’t want to be the only NFC North Division team to win on opening day.
* It’s only a game. There are 16 more to be played. R-E-L-A-X!